Developer: Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment
Genre: Science Fiction
Status: Cancelled (as of March 2010)
Release Date: TBA
Step through the Stargate and join thousands online for a super-sized sci-fi adventure that will send you and your buddies around a galaxy dipped in liquid awesome. Discover thriving alien worlds, explore ancient civilizations... and tell them all the things they are doing wrong. Smack a clip into your assault rifle and enter Stargate Worlds.
* Feel the heat - Master the battlefield using modern tactics and firepower.
* Travel instantly - Dial up the Stargate to explore dozens of worlds from ancient civilizations to high tech planets.
* Team up - Battle devious and powerful enemies with your friends.
* Find the new you - Pick from seven archetypes with unique skills and styles.
* Don't fight it - Simulate translation, repair and sabotage with mini-games as your buddies battle it out.
* Advance with the story - New story, missions, loot and weapons delivered regularly.
The StarGate Worlds MMORPG has been in quite some trouble since 2008, with developer Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment apparently ceasing to pay their employees.
Stargate Resistance announced - December 12, 2009
Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment is still having some difficulties to develop and release Stargate Worlds, the much troubled MMORPG.
Stargate Worlds still in trouble - October 15, 2009
Just when the future looked bright for Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment and their MMORPG StarGate Worlds, things have just turned around.
StarGate Worlds development continues - August 22, 2009
StarGate Worlds is a MMO that many believed would never be released, due to serious cash flow issues and the departure of important players in the development process.